Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer and Such

Hi friends! John has been asking me to update our blog for a while now, so I figured I would finally get around to it while I wait for him to come home from work. :) Why not?
A LOT has happened since our last post. Deen has gotten huge (and I think likely to get even bigger!) and can now hold her own when playing with the other dogs in her life. She is doing a better job at sleeping (yay for no more middle of the night bathroom trips!) and loves playing with her toys. We have only purchased her a ball and a chewing rope. All of her other toys came from the skill crane at Dave and Busters - thanks John and Jonathan! One by one the toys have been destroyed, but she has LOVED every one of them. I have one left hiding out in the closet...hopefully it will last us a while!
The summer means the end of the school year for me and the start of summer camp for John. It has definitely been an adventure these past couple of months. My kids did well on the TAKS test (yay!) and I am eagerly awaiting the results of my kids' AP exams. Life post-testing was fun at school. We built and launches water rockets - some successfully and others not so much - with my Research and Design kids, and watched some Captain Planet episodes with my AP kids (and did some labs and other very educational things of course...). It was a blast. In the meantime John was burning the midnight oil at camp, trying to get things ready for trailblazing and orientation. I got the chance to see my man at work on a Friday that we didn't have to go to school. He is so good at his job! It was fun to watch him in action. I also got the chance to celebrate Dad's birthday with him for the first time in 7 years (it falls right at the start of camp) and meet up with a group of girlfriends from college on our annual get-together. This time we took on Austin...or I should say took on Austin's restaurants. Eating is what we do best!
This week we've been busy with family in town, rescuing our car that floated away in the rain (awesome), taking care of the lawn, and making sure that camp runs smoothly (John takes care of that part). Even in the summer, we are sure looking forward to the weekend!
For a lot that's happened, this sure was a short post! More to come later, I'm sure. We love you and look forward to hearing about what is going on in your lives as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment