This summer has been flying by! John and I have been on a billion adventures (it feels that way at least) and are excited to have a couple of weeks of down time before we start gearing back up for the start of the school year.
Here are the highlights:
* I got to go on a trip to Granbury (it's not just for old folks, people!) with my sister and our girlfriends from college. We had a blast laying by the water, shopping, and eating a LOT.
* John, Em, and I went to Killeen for a long weekend with my parents. It's been a very long time since John got to come home, so it was fun to have him there the whole weekend. We ended our trip with a Rangers game. *Bonus* We got Nelson Cruz bobble heads. Be jealous.
* Mom came up to Tyler to play for a few days. We ate really good food, picked blueberries, and did some shopping. And it rained while she was here. Mom is good for our weather in Tyler.
* John and I went to Gainesville to get some quality time with Bootsie and Granddaddy. It was so fun! We spent our time playing cards and looking at really old pictures. Fun!
* John had to go to Crier Creek for work, so I went to Austin and played with Em and Lauren. We went to Barton Springs, went shopping, and ate a lot...are we sensing a theme?
* I met up with John and the IT gang and went to Addison over the 4th of July and watched some awesome fireworks! We went to a super fun bbq then had friends over for more grilling greatness.
* This weekend John, Em, and I went to New Braunfels this weekend. We slept in, floated the river, ate at the Grist Mill, and even visited Schlitterbahn (I faced my fear on that one).
Whew! It's been super busy but a huge blessing. We are thankful for the freedom to get away and play and spend time with friends and family. I'll try to put some pictures up soon (fingers crossed!). We hope you're having a blast this summer and can't wait to hear about your adventures!